I'm Jordan, a 22 yr old stuck in Westminster, MD. I'm a typical gearhead, love muscle cars and off road trucks. If I'm not working I'm wrenching on cars, going to car shows, hanging out with friends, or surfin the net.
General Vehicle Comments
Name: "The Z"
I bought this truck in January 08 after a kid hit my old truck in a parking lot and totaled it. It has the 4.3 Vortec V6, auto trans, and autotrac transfer case. I've aquired most of the info about the truck's history. ZR2's are becoming harder to find, especially with lower mileage.
What is a ZR2 you ask? Its a relitively rare factory off road package that carried a sticker price of apx $2,000 depending on the model year. It was availible on 94-03 4x4 Chevy S10 and GMC Sonoma pickups (called the Highrider package on the GMC) and 96-05 4x4 Chevy Blazer and GMC Jimmy (Jimmy ZR2 only availible in Canada) 2 door models. 04-05 Blazer 2 door 2WD models could also have the ZR2 package. The ZR2 package includes:
-RPO ZR2 only full ladder-type frame with modified suspension mounting points which provide:
100mm/4 inch wider stance than std 4x4 models
3 inch suspension lift
- Enhanced front (7.25" ring gear) and rear (8.5" ring gear) axles w/ 3.73:1 rear-axle ratio. Rear axle also has RPO G80 Posi-trac/locking diff.
- Larger wheel and axle bearings
- 31 x 10.5R-15 (265/75/15) LT/C black wall off-road tires (BFG A/Ts on pickups and BFG Long Trails on BlaZeR2)
- 46mm gas pressurized Bilstein Monotube shocks
- Rear axle track bar (pickups) / rear sway bar (BlaZeR2)
- Fender flares (black on Chevrolet/body-color on GMC pickups)
- 33mm (early model) / 28mm (late model) front anti-sway bar
- Front, oil pan, transfer case, and gas tank skid plates (Aluminum through 1998 model year, composite plastic from 1999-2005)
Accessories & Modifications
I've been modifying this truck little by little since day one. Current mods:
Engine/Performance: AEM Brute Force intake, TB diffuser removed, 2.5in exhaust w/ precat deleted, ported stock y-pipe, 3in Catco cat, Flowmaster 40 Delta Flow muffler, March underdrive pulley kit, MSD Street Fire ignition, Taylor 8.2 plug wires, Rebuilt 4L60E trans w/ Corvette servos, transgo shift kit, and B&M aux trans cooler.
Suspension: Knaffle 1.5in lift shackles, 1.25in rear wheel spacers, 31x10.5x15 BFG All Terrain T/A's
Exterior: De-badged, flares painted metallic black, smoked corner lights and taillights, custom ZR2 decals, bug guard, vent visors, spare tire cover.
Interior: Lanzar SVD59EL headunit w/ ipod hookup, Pioneer speakers, Linear Logic Scanguage II, Husky floor liners.
ZR2USA page: http://www.zr2usa.com/members.php?id=5873
4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Mag: http://rides.4wdandsportutility.com/ride/1014537/blazer2000/2000/chevrolet/blazer/index.html
Mods to come:
- PCM tune
- AD244 145amp alternator (awaiting install)
- Synergy Offroad receiver tubes w/ shackles
- Spring Carlisle swap meet April 22-25, 2010.
- Crusin OC, Ocean City, MD May 20-24, 2010